Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Frustration

I just had to express a frustration I am dealing with lately. At the Dulles Airport my DS and I were going through security. Most of the employees, English wasn't their main language. For some reason the guard asked if I was bringing any fruits and vegetables. Between his English and my less than perfect hearing, my brain could not process it.

It has happened a couple of time. When I encounter people with a thick accent, I find I need to either ask half a dozen times or have someone interpet for me.

I have had to "read" lips for several years, even though I didn't realize I was doing it. Some peoples speaking tone just doesn't process, I need to watch their lips. Unfortuately I have a couple of kids that I can't "hear" unless they are looking at me. Why would a heavy accent make a difference if I am looking at them???? Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to frustrate me.

Hearing aid? Don't think that will work, with the ringing in my ears I think it will drive me crazy

No comments: